Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sleep,

I am so sleep deprived. I haven't had an uninterrupted nights sleep for many, many years. I miss sleep. I remember when I used to go to sleep at night and know that I would fall into a deep slumber and wake up feeling bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Those days are gone. Now when I go to sleep, I wonder how many minutes of sleep will I get until I am awakened by a child who had a bad dream, a restless little one who is missing the babyhood days when they shared a room with mom and dad, a crying baby who is teething, hungry, or just out-of-sorts because of traveling or some milestone. Then there are the pregnant days when I am awakened because I am hungry, need to change position or am just restless with a growing baby inside. Someday I will get rest. But will it be the same? I am a mother now.

No comments: